A Mission, Decades in the Making
The housing mission of Harborlight Community Partners (HCP) was founded by the First Baptist Church in Beverly in the 1960’s; its roots are entrenched in a long-standing tradition of caring, fueled by generosity.
HCP‘s history and many service partners come together like a quilt, squares sewn together by compassion for our fellow neighbors, offering the warmth of housing, hospitality, and supportive services.
Today, our housing mission has been augmented by the addition of smaller housing organizations which merged under the Harborlight Community Partners’ umbrella, seeking the financial stability and operating efficiencies of the larger organizations. These include:
Our Merged Partners:
- We Care About Homes, a wonderful effort with a 20 year history of serving families
- North Shore Housing Trust of Ipswich, which founded Whipple Riverview Place
- Home At Last, an effort by the Second Congregational Church of Beverly to create family housing
- H.E.A.R.T. Homes (Housing Elders at Residences Together) with Associated Home Care and Elder Service Plan for frail elders (renamed the Senator Frederick Berry HEART Homes in 2014)
- Cape Ann Community Land Trust merged with HCP to manage its portfolio of 49 First Time Home Buyer units to ensure the long-term affordability of these homes
- Marblehead Community Housing Corporation, an effort of affordable housing creation in Marblehead