Harborlight Community Partners seeks an experienced Property Manager to successfully manage our scattered site portfolio. The ideal candidate will effectively oversee the property while ensuring compliance with the existing affordable housing program.
The property manager will work to ensure the efficient operation of this diverse portfolio by operating the properties within established financial guidelines (budgetary oversight), ensuring established property standards are met, maintaining high occupancy requirements, reviewing delinquent accounts and taking required action while responding to all resident requests in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable with respect to affordable housing programs, federally-assisted, and all State and local housing regulations
- Solid management and proven leadership skills
- Strong financial, marketing, and resident relations skills
- High degree of interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to respond to residents, investigate complaints, disturbances and resolve problems following management rules and regulations in a timely manner
- Time management skills and ability to priority a must
Solid administrative, organizational, computer, marketing skills and resident relations skills
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION (Education & Experience):
- Two year degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (and Tax Credit and RD as required)
- Knowledge of primary software used by the Management Office, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong Project-based Section 8 experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
HCP is a creative and energetic place to work with a good motive and an opportunity to make the community a better place.
We offer competitive pay along with a rich benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, 100% health and dental insurance (individual), vacation/personal days/sick/holiday PTO, life/short term disability insurance, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP).
Harborlight Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. If you require a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment.
Please email a resume and cover letter, as attachments, to email@example.com.
It would be helpful to review our website, www.harborlightcp.org, prior to submitting your resume.
ABOUT HARBORLIGHT COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
Harborlight Community Partners Inc. is a 50+ year old non-profit organization committed to the regional affordable housing needs of the North Shore. HCP works to create, preserve and manage contextually sensitive service enriched affordable housing for fixed income seniors, working families, first time home buyers and those with disabilities. Our focus is on collaborative processes with Cities and Towns North of Boston. We currently operate or support 22 properties in 9 communities which are home to nearly 600 people. HCP manages all its property directly and is cultivating contracts for third party management of other projects.