UPDATE 10/23/15 : Thank you everyone for your support. Gov. Baker has signed his approval for HPSTF, H. 3673. We are hoping to participate in creating supportive housing for the formally homeless in Salem.
1) We have been participating in a regional Mayor’s Task Force on Homelessness (Bev/Peabody/Salem/Danvers). Hopefully this will extend to Cape Ann:)
2) Out of this we are working on two projects for homeless people: one for families and one for individuals.
3) As of last night we have a permit to create 26 studio apartments with on site supportive services for formerly homeless individuals in Salem. This is in two buildings on Boston Street that are now very tired rooming houses.
4) The House and Senate (State level) have approved a type of funding in the State budget to support just this kind of project and we are ready to apply shortly. The house and senate just recently agreed on this.
5) It was thought that this funding in HPSTF, H. 3673 was a lock but there is now concern the Governor may move to veto this very quickly.
So ¦.if you are up for it I am asking you to consider calling the Governors office at 617.725.4005 and log your support for HPSTF, H. 3673.
You can also email the Governor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the pitch:
My name is (________________) and I live in (__________________). I am involved with Harborlight Community Partners. We have a project permitted just last night and to go that can provide 26 units of housing for the formerly homeless in Salem. The Mayor, State Senator, and Ward Councilor are supportive. To make this work we are asking the Governor to sign HPSTF H. 3673 into law. Thank you
Thank you for your efforts to get the word out.
PO Box 507
Beverly MA 01915