Harborlight Community Partners is currently seeking a Skilled Maintenance Staff person with carpentry, electrical, plumbing experience. The Skilled Maintenance Staff safely maintains the physical condition and appearance of assigned properties according to company operating and safety standards and ensures that service requests and repairs are properly completed in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic carpentry work including hanging doors , installing cabinets and counter tops , cabinet repair , basic trim work interior or exterior.
- Performs dry wall repairs and installation; prep and painting work.
- Responds to and completes service requests according to established procedures and company priorities including plumbing and electrical work..
- Performs apartment turnovers when assigned to include repairs and improvements of vacant units and turnover cleaning.
- Diagnoses problems and makes minor repairs in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC, carpentry, and flooring.
- Performs general janitorial work including, but not limited to: vacuuming, sweeping and mopping; carpet shampooing and floor polishing; cleaning walls, ceilings and windows; upholstery cleaning; and disinfecting restrooms and trash rooms.
- Performs general grounds work using hand and power equipment including, but not limited to: lawn mowing, leaf removal, shrub and hedge trimming.
- Responsible for snow removal using hand and power equipment at assigned property(s) before, during, and after regular work hours, as well as on weekends and holidays as needed, to maintain safe conditions during storms and provide down to the pavement conditions following storms.
- Ensures proper care and maintenance of tools and maintenance equipment.
- Participates in emergency on-call schedule for after-hours maintenance issues.
- Works with subcontractors and vendors such as Comcast, National Grid, HVAC, etc., when on property site. Engages subcontractors as appropriate for repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties including inspections in accordance with established programs; makes recommendations for improvements.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff under the daily direction of the property manager(s).
- Preserves and respects confidentiality of resident information.
- Completes work request forms, timesheets, etc. in an accurate and timely manner.
- Acts in the best interest of the organization, reflecting company values including teamwork, integrity, accountability and mutual respect.
- Attends and participates in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings as requested.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills, Education)
- High school diploma, G.E.D., Vocational or Technical school equivalent required.
- Prior experience in property maintenance work required.
- Prior experience working in a residential setting is preferred.
- Experience in apartment turnovers.
- Must be able to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to take on call responsibilities.
- Must have basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical skills and experience
- Experienced and able to do dry wall repairs and installation; painting prep and painting work.
- Ability to work with and around people in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Must possess neat and orderly work habits and attention to detail.
- Knowledge in HVAC and routine preventative maintenance a pus.
- Solid verbal and written communications in English; other languages are a plus.
- Self-directed, reliable and responsible.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (if needed for assigned properties).
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office products, familiarity with electronic work order and preventative maintenance systems a plus.
Must be able to lift, move and carry 10 pounds frequently throughout the work day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
- Salary range $18.00 -$23.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Sick/holiday/vacation time. 100% medical and dental for an individual in FT employment.
- Harborlight Community Partners is an equal opportunity provider and employer. HCP is a creative and energetic place to work with a good motive and an opportunity to make the community a better place.